Welcome to Embody Nourish
Embody Nourish is an avenue for those on a journey to good health. We create and share plant-based recipes that are fun, delicious and nutritious. Our simplicity is evident in our recipes. We want everyone to be able to cook healthy and tasty food everyday. Of course, we sneak in a few dessert recipes here and there to balance it out.
As health professionals with a keen focus in preventative medicine, we believe knowledge is power. For this reason, we break down scientific research to write straightforward nutrition articles accessible to everyone.
So no matter who you are, where you live or where you are on this health journey, we wholeheartedly welcome you to join us at Embody Nourish. We hope to empower you to take charge of your health, live your best life and encourage your loved ones to do the same.
After all, we are like-minded people who want the same thing: a happy and healthy life.
What does Embody Nourish Provide?
We strive to provide a range of simple and easy-to-digest content on:
- Simple, delicious, wholesome and nutritious plant-based vegan and vegetarian recipes
- Summaries of the latest plant-based research (as well as other health-related topics)
- Uncomplicated articles on how a plant-based lifestyle can prevent or even reverse multiple diseases
- Sports nutrition
- Mindfulness and meditation guides
- Weight care
- Tips on how to transition to a plant-based diet and also to a whole-foods, plant-based diet.
- Everyday food and plant-based living strategies (e.g. grocery shopping, sustainability, high protein foods)
What is a Whole Foods, Plant-Based Lifestyle?
Being whole foods and plant-based generally means that the majority of your meals are from unprocessed vegetables, whole grains (e.g. oats), legumes, nuts, seeds, plant-based proteins (e.g. tofu or tempe) and plant-based milks (e.g. soy, almond, coconut, oat and rice milks).
Animal products such as meat, fish, eggs and dairy are excluded from the diet.
My partner and I changed to plant-based lifestyles because of numerous factors including the health benefits, environmental and sustainability concerns, ethical reasons, and for kindness.
We find that most of our family, friends and clients/patients who are currently plants-based became so for one or many of these reasons.
Who Are We?
I’m your cook and presenter. I’ve been in the health industry for half a decade now and it continues to weave its fibres into the fabric of who I am. I’m so grateful and feel privileged to be able to help people everyday. I love talking to my patients and doing the best I can to improve their lives.
Everyday I strive to learn something new. The world is an incredible place filled with such beautiful, extraordinary things, there’s no reason to get bored of it!
In my spare time I love cuddling my two puppy dogs in bed. Some other things that I love: pasta, the beach, op shops, dancing, tea, reading, old school songs, hiking and dogs (I seriously love dogs!).
- Medical Student (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery VI)
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Fellowship of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine Pathway
- Aspiring Sports Medicine Physician
I am a co-author and occasionally-featured-cook! I never expected to be as fortunate as I am, to get to wake up every morning and do what I love in helping people. I have an unbelievably amazing fiance and two fur babies with whom I get to share my world. My other life joys include coffee, wholesome smoothies, good films and TV shows, running, photography, hiking and travelling.
- Doctor (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
- Special interests in Sports Medicine and Emergency Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer