See How to Create it Here!
Recipe starts at 0:48
- Creates: 4 serves
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: –
- Total Time: 15 minutes
Banana Blossom Herbed Rice Salad
Blossom your heart, soul and tummy with this wholesome rice salad. It’s tasty and is the perfect refreshing and light snack to keep your tummy happy but not too overly full.
Herbed Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice*
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 can (400mL) banana blossom in water or brine, drained and washed in salt^
- Garnish: pomegranate, lemon zest
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to package instructions`. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the rice with the vegetables and herbs.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the rice when ready to serve.
*I use brown rice for it’s starchier texture. You can substitute this with black, wild or red lentil rice too. White rice might be too fluffy but feel free to try it!
^Whenever I use canned food in brine, I like to wash it with salt water to remove the odour that comes with it.
`See how I cook the perfect brown rice every time here!