See How to Create it Here!
Recipe starts at 5:03
Cheesy White Bean & Spinach Pasta
This cheesy white bean pasta is incredibly nutritious with 48 grams of protein per serve! I love devouring this after a long run session when I feel like my muscles need a little boost.
- Dietary: V | VF
- Creates: 2 serves
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups high protein pasta*
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (400g) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cherry tomatoes, to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Take out 1/2 cup of the pasta water and leave on the side. Remove pasta and drain.
- Place the beans, 1/2 cup pasta water, nutritional yeast, garlic, sesame seeds, turmeric, vinegar and paprika into a food processor or blender. Blend until well combined^.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add in the mushroom and cook for 5 minutes until browned. Pour in the pasta and cheese sauce. Turn off the heat immediately and mix well. Add in the spinach and let it wilt with the remaining heat.
- Serve and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
*Lentil and chickpea pasta are great for high protein pasta recipes. There’s so many choices available now and there’s even mung bean pasta!
^Add more water if the sauce is too thick and add more white beans if too thin.