See How to Create This Here!
Easy Vegan Carrot Fritters
Carrot fritters are our friend when we have a leftover bag of carrots and don’t know what to do with it! This easy vegan carrot fritters recipe is simple, delicious and serves as a great meal or side dish! Before I went vegan, I only knew how to make carrot fritters with eggs but these carrot fritters with no eggs are so much easier (and healthier!). I love serving them up with some vegan yoghurt sauce and mango chutney.
This recipe is part of the everyday plant-based series.
- Creates: 8-10 carrot fritters
- Dietary: V | VG | NF | can be made gluten-free
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- 125g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (or use a combination of dried thyme, rosemary, coriander)
- 1 tsp ground cumin*
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup parsley^, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Garnish with: parsley, lime wedges, yoghurt, mango chutney
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, mixed herbs and cumin. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Squeeze as much moisture out of the grated carrots. Stir through carrots and parsley. Pour in water and mix to form a thick batter.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop around 1 tbsp of batter into the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes until golden. Flip and cook the other side for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, lime wedges and dollop on some yoghurt or mango chutney.
Happy eating! x
*Feel free to use your favourite spice mix.
^Sub with coriander
- To make it gluten-free: use GF flour
How to Make it Whole Foods
At Embody Nourish, we promote a plant-based diet that comprise mainly of whole foods. This means no oil (even ‘healthy’ oils such as coconut or olive oil), refined or processed foods. However we understand that this ideal is not yet mainstream so we strive to accomodate everyone while encouraging small changes.
You can make this easy vegan carrot fritters more whole foods by:
- Using minimal oil when frying or alternatively, using the air-fryer instead.
- Using whole wheat flour instead of plain.