See How to Create it Here!
Recipe starts at 0:54
Garlic Roasted Tomatoes with Chickpeas Pasta
What is better than roasted tomatoes? Garlic roasted tomatoes! Feel the beautiful burst of the cherry tomatoes along with a high protein combination of chickpeas and arugula.
This dish is part of my high protein pasta series with 32.5g of protein per serve!
- Dietary: V | VF
- Creates: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups lentil pasta*, any shape
- 1 can (400mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes^, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 5 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes, garlic, thyme and sumac in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Combine well. Transfer tomatoes to a baking tray lined with paper and roast for 30-45 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour the remaining oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until soft and fragrant. Add chickpeas and arugula. Cook for 5-8 minutes until arugula is wilted.
- Divide the tomatoes into half and add half into a mixing bowl. Crush the tomatoes with a fork and mix in the onions, chickpeas and arugula.
- Garnish with the other half roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle over parsley and season with salt and pepper.
*Pasta made from legumes such as lentils and chickpeas are high in protein, they should be readily available in supermarkets these days but if not, check out your local health store.
^Other fleshy, less watery tomatoes are perfect for this recipe too (Roma, grape, Campari etc.)