See How to Create This Here!
Recipe starts at 5.28
Morning Banana Split
Banana splits were one of my favourite desserts as a child. Now tweak it with some wholesome goodness of nut butter, yoghurt and a variety of fruits – it becomes a healthy breakfast treat!
- Creates: 1 serve
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: –
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp nut butter*
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt^
- 2 tbsp granola
- 1/4 cup berries variety (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 passionfruit, halved
- Any other seasonal fruits (figs, peaches, dragonfruit)
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Peel the banana and cut it into halves along its length. Lay the bananas next to each other so they create an eclipse and with the cut side facing upwards.
- Spread nut butter evenly across the two banana slices. Drizzle maple syrup over according to your sweet tooth.
- Add 2 scoops of yoghurt between and on top of the bananas. Sprinkle granola over and decorate with the berries and fruits.
*My favourite nut butters to go with this are peanut butter, cashew and almond butter.
^To make it a summery treat, freeze the yoghurt for at least 4 hours beforehand to make frozen yoghurt and scoop it onto the banana! You can also use any other healthy ice cream to turn it into a yummy healthy dessert!