See How to Create This Here!
Recipe starts at 0:23
Moroccan Cauliflower Soup with Pistachio Cream
A creamy cauliflower soup flavoured with beautiful Moroccan spices and a heavenly touch of pistachio nut cream.
- Creates: 4 servings
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tbsp water
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 white potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the pistachios and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Pour in water enough to cover the pistachios and bring to a simmer until they soften. You may need to continually add water to ensure the pistachios are always covered in water. Drain and set aside.
- In a larger saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the carrots, garlic, potato and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the apples, cauliflower, onion and all the spices. Stir well to combine and make sure to coat the vegetables in the spices well. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock into the large saucepan and stir. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the pistachios into a blender or food processor. Combine with 1-2 cups water and blend until completely pulverised. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Pour in the vegetables and broth into the blender with the pistachio and blend until thick and creamy*.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and coriander. Serve with crusty toasted bread or crackers.
*This soup will be quite thick and creamy. You can thin it out to your liking by adding in more vegetable stock.