See How to Create it Here!
Recipe starts at 3:20
Portobello & Vegetable Stir Fry Pasta
Prepare this as meal prep or make it after a hard gym session or run. With 27g of protein per serve, this dish is part of my high protein pasta series and it doesn’t disappoint! Stir frying the vegetables brings out their delicate flavours.
- Dietary: V | VF
- Creates: 4 serves
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups high protein pasta*
- 2 cup portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced into long strips
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes or chilli oil^
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle of sumac
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and add in the onions and garlic. Saute until soft and fragrant. Add in the portobello mushroom and cook until browned and the juice has evaporated. Add in the zucchini and asparagus. Cook for 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle over mushroom seasoning and stir. Set aside to cool.
- Combine pasta and the vegetables into a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix lemon zest, the remaining oil and chilli flakes together. Pour over the pasta. Garnish with parsley, spring onions and a sprinkle of sumac.
*I used chickpea spiral pasta in this recipe but you can choose any other high protein pasta often made from legumes such as lentils.
^Adjust according to taste!