See How to Create This Here!
Quick and Easy Sweet Chilli Vegetable Rice
Hey friends! Here is a very (very) quick and easy sweet chilli vegetable rice recipe! The sweet chilli rice comes together in less than 15 minutes and it’s such a delicious, vegan meal. Please note that this isn’t a fried rice recipe – it’s like stir fry vegetables and rice with sweet chilli sauce. I will be posting a vegan fried rice recipe soon so stay tuned!
This recipe is part of the everyday plant-based series.
- Creates: 3-4 serves
- Dietary: V | VG | NF | can be made gluten-free
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- 3-5 cups of frozen veggie mix (no need to thaw) (also sub with fresh veggies)
- 3-5 cups of cooked brown rice (or any other rice)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (try to buy the one at the Asian grocery store), adjust to taste
- Handful of mung bean sprouts
- Garnish with: chopped spring onions, sesame seeds, fresh mung bean sprouts
- Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add in frozen veggies and cook until the starchier vegetables are cooked through.
- Add in rice and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce and sweet chilli. (If adjusting flavour, add in 1 tsp at a time as these flavours are quite intense). Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Once sauces have infused into the rice, add in bean sprouts. Stir to combine throughout rice and it depends on how cooked you want them.
- Remove from heat and serve! Garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds and fresh mung bean sprouts.
Happy eating! x
- To make it gluten-free: use GF soy sauce or tamari
How to Make it Whole Foods
At Embody Nourish, we promote a plant-based diet that comprise mainly of whole foods. This means no oil (even ‘healthy’ oils such as coconut or olive oil), refined or processed foods. However we understand that this ideal is not yet mainstream so we strive to accomodate everyone while encouraging small changes.
You can make this sweet chilli rice more whole foods by:
- Using less oil to cook the rice and veggies
- Making your own sweet chilli sauce or choosing a brand that has less sugars
- Using coconut aminos instead of soy sauce