See How to Create This Here!
Recipe starts at 0:27
Rosy Green Tea Latte
This green tea latte infused with the gorgeous scent of rose water will certainly make your cheeks go all rosy! Green tea is a perfect pick-me-up alternative to coffee. I love sipping on this in winter and the roses reminds me that spring is just a sip away!
- Creates: 1 latte
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 green tea bags
- 3 drops rose water
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cm cube of ginger
- 1 cup plant based milk (almond, coconut and soy are great for this)
- 1 tsp maple syrup, adjust according to your sweet tooth
- Organic edible rose petals (optional)
- Combine the water, rose water, ginger, cinnamon to a small pot and stir. Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to low. Add in the tea bags and let the pot simmer very gently for 1 minute. Remove the pot from heat and let the tea bags continue to sit for 5 minutes.
- In another small pot, add in the milk over medium heat*. You might need to use a bit more than 1 cup since some of the milk will evaporate and foam up. Stir the milk constantly as it is cooked. Remove from the stove^.
- Remove the ginger and tea bags. Slowly pour the steamed milk to the mug. Add in maple syrup according to your sweet tooth and stir. Garnish with a sprinkle of edible rose petals and a tiny bit of cinnamon!
*Skip this step if you have a milk steamer at home.
^To foam up the milk, you can whisk it up before pouring it into the mug.