See How to Create This Here!
Simple Soba Noodles
These soba noodles are part of my 3-ingredient only series. It’s a refreshing summer favourite especially when I don’t want to cook anything sophisticated. Plus when I’m short on time, the simplicity of this recipe is much appreciated!
- Creates: 2 serves
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: –
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 250g dried soba buckwheat noodles*
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp water
- Prepare a bowl of ice water that fits the sieve you’ll be using to drain the noodles.
- Cook the soba noodles in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and immediately submerge the noodles in the ice water. Use a chopstick to separate the noodles and leave it submerged as you make the sauce.
- In a dipping bowl, combine and mix soy sauce, mirin and water together. Adjust according to taste^.
- Let the noodles drain completely of the ice water and transfer over to a plate or bowl. Garnish with white sesame seeds, scallions and seaweed. To eat, dip the soba noodles into the dipping sauce!
*Make sure to choose soba noodles that are made from 100% buckwheat.
^Soy sauce will add more saltiness to the sauce while mirin adds sweetness. Use water to dilute the flavours down and to increase the volume. I love my sauce a bit on the sweeter side so I add a bit more mirin.