See How to Create This Here!
Recipe starts at 4:02
Sweet Black Bean & Corn Tacos
Who doesn’t love tacos! These tacos are bursting with delicious roasted sweet corn and a smokey bean mixture that’ll have everyone fighting over the last tortilla! (Or if your friends are like ours… we just leave the last piece sitting there without anybody daring to take it!)
- Creates: 10 tacos
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups corn kernels (I prefer fresh but you can use canned sweet corn)
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 4 small red radish, cut into small strips
- 1 tbsp lime wedges, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (I switch this up with a four-bean mix too!)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 10 small round corn tortillas
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: crumbled feta, avocado, fresh jalapeño
Taco Hot Sauce
- 1 can (400mL) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine corn, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp paprika and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Transfer to a lined baking tray* and roast for 30-45 minutes. At the halfway mark, rotate the tray. The corn should be golden brown and fragrant. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Combine the roasted corn, 1 tbsp olive oil, coriander, mint, radish, lime wedges, lime juice and jalapeño in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions until soft and fragrant for about 5 minutes. Add in the beans, cumin and paprika. Stir well and pour in the water. Stir again to mix and turn the heat to low. Cover with a lid to simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. You can mash some of the beans with a fork if you wish.
- Combine and whisk all the taco hot sauce ingredients together. Adjust to taste depending on your love for spiciness.
- When ready to serve, warm the tortillas^ on a sandwich presser or skillet. Add the beans and corn mixture. Garnish with crumbled feta, avocado and a dash (or a lot!) of hot sauce.
*Make sure the corn kernels are single layered and not stacked up onto each other.
^Wrap them in a tea towel to keep them warm.