See How to Create This Here!
Recipe starts at 3:24
Sweet Potato Latte
Sweet potatoes are one of nature’s greatest gifts. Turn them into delicious french fries, chocolate chip cookies and even a latte! Yes! This sweet potato latte is insanely buttery and velvety. We love making this drink over and over again as a wintery treat.
- Creates: 1 latte
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 2 cups plant based milk (I recommend soy or coconut milk for this recipe)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup*, adjust accordingly
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork and place it on the tray. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove to cool and scoop out the flesh.
- Combine sweet potato and milk into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. The sweet potato should be completely pulverised.
- Transfer the creamy sweet potato mixture into a saucepan over medium heat. Combine with cinnamon sticks, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ginger and stir. Cook until warm^.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle more cinnamon over the top.
*Use any other sweetener like agave
^This latte is quite thick and creamy. You can thin it out by adding in more milk or water.