See How to Create This Here!
Tofu & Spinach Soup
This soup holds a special place in my heart. My Mum often made this soup for the family before we tucked into our main meal. I really enjoy the simplicity of the soup and it’s incredibly nutritious.
This tofu and spinach soup is part of my 3-ingredients only meal series! You are very welcome to add in more things and I recommend:
- Different Asian vegetables: bok choy, purple spinach
- Other vegetables: carrots, celery, potato, beetroot, onion
- Creates: 4 serves
- Dietary: V | VF
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1L vegan miso stock (or vegetable stock)*
- 5 big spinach leaves, stems removed and leaves halved
- 3 cups soft firm tofu, quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add in vegetable stock in a pot. Cover with a lid and heat over high until it starts to boil.
- Gently add in the tofu, being careful not to break it. Turn down the heat and let the soup simmer. Cook the tofu for 10-15 minutes until it has become slightly firm. Cover the pot.
- Add in a teaspoon of salt to flavour the soup water. Adjust accordingly.
- When the tofu is cooked, add in the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat immediately as the spinach will continue to cook in the hot soup.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot over a bowl of rice or by itself as a light snack.
*You can also use water and mushroom seasoning if you don’t have either of these stock on hand