See How to Create it Here!
Vegan Condensed Coconut Milk
This sweetened condensed coconut milk is the perfect vegan substitute. It’s so creamy and sweet with a hint of coconut flavour.
Use this as an alternative for any recipe that calls for condensed milk. But it’s so delicious that you’ll end up licking a spoonful of this creamy goodness – bring back that nostalgia!
- Dietary: dairy-free, lactose-free, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free
- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 can unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 cup palm sugar*
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the coconut milk over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a gentle boil. Add the salt.
- Turn down the heat to low-medium and simmer the mixture for 20-30 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to half it’s volume. Reduce the temperature as needed if it starts to boil again. Don’t stir the mixture once it starts to simmer.
- Pour the mixture into a jar (avoid scraping the leftovers in as they would be crystallised). Let the steam cool off before closing the lid. The mixture will appear watery but will thicken up once cooled. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
*Substitute palm sugar with any other sweeteners you like. Try stevia for a sugar-free condensed milk version!